Monday, October 22, 2012

September


 Okay... I know this is a little late, but here's what we were up to in September!

We decided that before Clint started school we would go hit up the beach again! (This may have been very end of August) We packed a picnic dinner and headed out to Coney Island.  We had a blast!  The sun was out, the water was warm, and it felt great to get some fresh ocean air and relax!


 Although it looks like Owen is eating sand, he is actually eating a piece of bread.  But don't worry!  He had his fair share of eating sand!  Every time I looked at him he was stuffing fist fulls of sand in his mouth!  

 Malia and Clint built castles and sand creatures..

 Then it was time to burry Malia....having the natural attention span of a 3 year old, this is about as far as the burring got....



 Owen LOVED walking in the wet sand and in the water.  He had no problem wading out to waist deep waters (Owen's waist)

 Malia's favorite thing was playing in the sand...


Time to retire....



Clint started school September 4th.  After the first week of classes, he was questioning why he was putting himself back through school again!  Of course the first day of all classes are super boring, and the next week was a lot better.  He is liking the material and seems to be doing well in his classes.  Although he only has one class/day, Clint spends most of the day at school doing homework, writing papers, preparing for presentations, and studying.  Due to our small space at home, he is able to get a lot more done when there isn't constant Disney music dance parties going on!

 Clint ready for his first day of school!  He really didn't want me to take this picture....but I'm the mom, so I know best! ;) 


This is the Woolworth building where Clint has his classes.  It is 57 stories high, and when it was built in 1913 was the tallest building in the world!  It is in the Financial District in lower Manhattan which is where the World Trade Center, New York Stock Exchange, Wall street, and other famous buildings are. (Including the National Reserve Bank that was plotted against by a terrorist last week...scary! )

You have probably seen this building in movies!  Its the building with the green copper top.  Keep an eye out for it next time you see a Manhattan skyline!


This is a picture I took on 9/11 from right outside our building.  This is the World Trade Center memorial light.  We noticed it from our bedroom window so I ran out to take a picture.  I often forget where I am and how close I am to so many things!



 The main mode of transportation in the city for kids is on scooters!  Malia is not a very swift walker, so getting one of these for her was a must!  Thanks to Grandpa Jeff and Grandma Maria for getting it for her!  Here she is being her dramatic self while modeling the new ride!


Some fun facts about our park "Prospect Park"
We love visting this park. Its only 2 blocks from our house and is a perfect little trek for Malia on her scooter.  Before it got too cold and wet, Clint used to go play Ultimate Frisbee here on Saturday mornings with other members of the ward. 



Kids love cardboard boxes!  As you can imagine, we have had a few lying around from the move....





We decided to try and take our own family portrait.  This was the last of about 25 shots that we took.  Thank goodness it worked because we were DONE.

So there you have it!  September in all its glory!  I should probably get started on October since this one took me so long to get out!  We love hearing from all of you and hope this finds you well!  As the holidays approach we find ourselves thinking of all the fun things our families are doing.  Its good motivation to make sure we create great memories for ourselves and the kids.  
Oh yeah... in September, I was called to be a family history specialist in our ward, which means my partner and I will be teaching a series of family history classes to our fellow ward members.  Have I mentioned that I've NEVER done family history!?  This will definitely be a learning experience, hopefully for more than just myself.  We are in a very young ward where most of the members are 35 and under.  They really struggle getting names prepared for the temple because there aren't any older retired folks who love to get lost in this work.  
Also, Clint was assigned to be on the ward's 13th annual chili and pie cook-off committee.  This is a BIG deal in the ward... or so we've heard.  Its very competitive and there are awards!  Woo!  We'll have more on both of these church assignments next month.  
We love and miss you all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment